Thursday, September 15, 2005

Day 9 - No bears

Ah, the irony!

A bear, in stockmarket terms, is an investor who tries to drive prices down, believing that stocks are overvalued. And my T-shirt today featured a 'No bears' logo from the New York Stock Exchange. Yet, my outlook on the current T-shirt competition was still somewhat 'bear-like': the flashy, designer T-shirts are winning out over more understated, simple designs, indicating perhaps the market here is also overvalued. But my old, mis-shapen, ill-fitting T-shirt came out tops in today's judging...

Nick had actually gone for something a bit simpler today with a pale blue T-shirt adorned only by a simple Skateboard logo. Pete, on the other hand seemed to have decided to go for broke with a designer 'Quiksilver' effort, grey with red flashes sewn into the sides and an ostentatious logo on the back. I had the above-mentioned No Bears shirt.

The judges from 306 were split and had to call in additional help to break the deadlock. Every T-shirt, it seemed, had its champion. But finally the result came: Nick 3rd, Pete second and victory for the bear! This propelled me back into the lead which has been 'flip-flopping' all week between Nick and I, but left Pete languishing in last place. That gives him something to think about as he jets off for a long weekend. No match tomorrow, as Pete's away, but back to full-on competition next week.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very excited that I will be around to join in the voting on monday. A new set of eyes, nostrils, hands and ears (I once had a T-shirt with a squeaker in it) in this competition can only be a good thing. Don't let me miss my opportunity, remember to rescue me from the library.

3:43 pm GMT  
Blogger Alan said...

I see the Schwarzenegger poses are back...

5:20 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home