Sunday, November 06, 2005

Movie Quiz Answers

Here are the answers to last week's T-Shirt Wars Movie Quiz:

The answers are presented in Spoiler Format which prevents you from reading it accidentally (and hence 'spoiling' your fun if you had not yet tried the quiz and wanted to). To read them, click and hold your mouse button and drag the cursor over the spoiler text (as if you were selecting the text to cut and paste).

Day 1: Jamie Lee Curtis; Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis
Day 2
: Burt Lancaster
Dat 3: The Mask
Day 6: Silent
Day 10: Carousel; Rogers and Hammerstein
Day 11: 'The Batman' (1947); 'Batman' (1966); 'Batman' (1989)'; 'Batman Returns' (1992); 'Batman Forever' (1995); 'Batman and Robin' (1997); 'Batman Begins' (2005)
Day 12: Apocalypse Now; Colonel G Lucas; George Lucas was originally meant to direct Apocalypse Now, but delays meant that he was busy with Star Wars by the time it was ready to shoot. His good friend Francis Ford Coppola directed it instead. Coppola's company Zoetrope produced Lucas' first movie 'THX 1138' which also featured Harrison Ford. Ford went on to be directed by Lucas in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
Day 13: Danny Cannon; Happy Days
Day 15: Tasmania
Day 18: 31 (if you count 'Carry On Columbus'!)
Day 19: Transformers the Movie
Day 31: Deep Roy
Day 34: 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' (I also forgot to mention that 'Hal David' co-won the Oscar with Burt); 'twice as bright' from 'Blade Runner'; 'better to burn out' from 'Highlander'; 'My, My, Hey, Hey (Out Of The Blue)'
Day 35: Keifer Sutherland
Day 36: Tom Cruise; Nobody knows
Day 37: Michael Caine
Day 38: Palm D'Or (Cannes International Film Festival)




8 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

What is this "Batman (1996) of which you speak"?

Also, Reep Roy sounds like an alien supercomputer from one of those 1980s science fiction movies!

7:45 am GMT  
Blogger Panda's Ass said...

Sorry, that should be Batman (1966) - that was the high-cam 60's movie version of the TV series with Adam West and Burt Ward as Batman and Robin and all the 'Kerpow!' and 'Zap' etc. Have changed it now.

8:39 am GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi The Chook,
I have to say that your blog hits the spot!
I was out looking for information on surf shirts but found your post: Movie Quiz Answers to be far more interesting than what I was looking for. Quite a good job you're doing on your site here... I'm thinking about making a blog about surf shirts I want to make it look like yours here. If you have any tips or secrets maybe you could share :)

It was great to visit your blog, thanks.

11:13 pm GMT  
Blogger Panda's Ass said...

Yeah, my tip to you would be to stop spamming other people's blogs you freeloader. Now get out before I throw you out.

1:05 am GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey The Chook...
How did you get your blog to be so good? Originally I was out trying to locate sports rashguards related information, but your post ' Movie Quiz Answers ' got my attention and stopped in my tracks :) Glad I found you because I'm trying to improve my site about sports rashguards and your blog here gave me some excellent ideas. Thanks The Chook for the good read and I think I'll mention your blog to my cousin (if that's okay...)

Keep up your effort ~ and good job.

11:40 am GMT  
Blogger Panda's Ass said...

I got my blog to be so good by meticulously deleting automated spam comments. I am leaving yours on as a warning to others... now GET OUT, and take your cousin with you.

By the way, how can a blog 'stop in your tracks'? Get your grammar right before you spam.

12:03 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, The Chook. I love your blog. It really is great. I was looking for information on Sporty Rash Guards as I have developed a nasty rash from wearing purulent T Shirts. However I found your post: Movie Quiz Answers much more interesting.

I'm trying to start a blog on Rash Guards in the movies and would welcome any tips you can give me.

I have a brother who has a blog about T Shirts too and I'll be sure to tell him about your great blog. I hear that even old timers read your blog! Well done, it must make them fall off their zimmer frames.

6:11 pm GMT  
Blogger Panda's Ass said...

If there's one thing worse than spam, it's fake spam...

In the words of Charlie Brown, 'Good Grief!'

7:00 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home