Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Day 12 - A Bolt from the Brown

As the sun rose on another day in the long hard T-shirt Wars campaign I stood in my base camp surveying my arsenal laid out before me and the words of the great Sun Tzu echoed in my ears, "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." And so I thought of my opponents reading their arms, would they come in strong and hard or would their guard be down today. I decided that the lead was in my grasp and that I would deploy one of my stronger T-shirts today - a dark brown one with a striking blue lightning bolt in a circle. And so to battle.

When I reached the lab I could smell something... like the smell of napalm in the morning... smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

My strategy paid off. Despite Pete's disdain for the colour brown my T-shirt came in first place. The judges liked the lightning design including the repeat detail on the side label. Pete's also received a favourable response, in particular the "subtle" USA part of the logo, which apparently is more "faded" than "subtle". Brian's was felt to be a bit dull and the judges felt that grey was not his colour. One judge commented that all the efforts were disappointing today and that we "must try harder", however the same judge had previously expressed a preference for T-shirts in the "vomit on a sunset" style.

And so I am now back at the top of the pile by a narrow margin. Thank you Sun Tzu.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice play monkeymagic. I wasn't so sure your choice would pay off today, but I've been proven wrong.

3:01 pm GMT  
Blogger Alan said...

Great post! The Art Of War has obviously permeated every fibre of your being...

How is it decided who posts each day?

6:50 pm GMT  
Blogger Panda's Ass said...

King Pete, I think you might be right. I suspect without Kodoma's help, MonkeyKagic might end up with his clothes on inside-out, or his underpants on outside his jeans...

6:56 pm GMT  
Blogger Panda's Ass said...

Sorry, meant MonkeyMagic, not MonkeyKagic.

7:02 pm GMT  
Blogger Alan said...

Here's another link for your sidebar - Hampster Wars - http://www.livejournal.com/users/jwz/543178.html

7:31 pm GMT  
Blogger MonkeyMagic said...

Hey, play nice! I can tie my own shoe laces now, double knots an' all.

1:09 pm GMT  
Blogger Panda's Ass said...

I thought you had to wear velcro-fastening shoes now after that falling-over incident. Plus you liked the 'ripping' sound that it makes.

1:17 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home